Executive Development Director USA
OVG is the largest Real Estate Development company in The Netherlands. It has a strong foothold in Germany and is growing rapidly internationally. We develop smart, high-tech office buildings, but always with a sustainable footprint. Our core purpose is to create healthier working, living and learning environments by using smart technology. To achieve OVG‘s green focus on innovation and technology we are active members of the World Economic Forum (WEF), the Dutch Green Building Counsel (DGBC) World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) and CoreNet Global.
In 2016 OVG expanded its activities to the USA. OVG USA’s goal is to become a leading Real Estate Development firm in the American Northeast. Our first project is underway and we have the ambition to expand, fast.
We are a strong team of highly driven and enthusiastic entrepreneurs. People who get stuff done, people who can create, who have a passion for challenges and love to explore. OVG seeks achievers; leaders and visionaries who want to join our team and make OVG a global success story.
As an Executive Development Director the responsibility with regard to the technical project development includes, among others, topics like: construction feasibility of properties, construction permits, interaction with the architect, contractor, authorities and other official stakeholders, the costs of realization of the project management as well as the management of complex projects throughout all phases (zoning, planning, and construction). Thereby, the tender and awarding as well as the adherence to deadlines, costs and quality always have priority. We are looking for a highly seasoned construction expert who can manage our complex projects with a holistic perspective and with a hands on mentality.
- Set up a new team (company wide) and organisation.
- Provides daily leadership for the teams.
- Talent development.
Innovation/ Technology and Acquisition
- Sets strategy and chases business.
- Monitoring of market/ development trends with respect to design and architecture, technical building equipment especially information and communication technologies, energy supply, planning, construction, workplace solutions, etc.
- Review of new applications, technologies, systems and concepts with respect to project development.
- Participation in relevant conferences, fairs, etc.
- Sets strategy and chases business.
- Property management including coordination with authorities, neighbours, etc. as well as completion of agreements for temporary usage.
- Structuring and organization of projects.
- Overall coordination of projects.
- Structuring and monitoring of project meetings.
- Reporting and recording. Monitoring of compliance of project governance.
Cost Planning and Monitoring
- Support of budget preparation and liquidity planning.
- Budget monitoring.
- Support of planning cash inflows as well as outflows.
- Preparation of internal and/ or project relevant reportings.
Skills required /qualifications
- Relevant qualified academic degree in engineering, ideally an additional real estate qualification.
- The future incumbent has already been in adequate, disciplinary leadership positions before, ideally as managing director and has expierence with building new teams.
- Very experienced successful technical project developer/project manager with many years of relevant experience in the Northeast and in a highly professional, complex and ideally international environment.
- A project developer/project manager who possesses an affinity for innovation, is open for new ideas and has proven this during the realization of projects.
- Possesses relevant experience in conception and realization of large volume as well as attractive commercial properties with the respective project volume.
- Has an excellent network in the construction market of the American Northeast
- Result-oriented, win-win-based dealing paired with reliable negotiation skills; thinks and acts like an entrepreneur.
- Has a good focus for internal procedures and has an eye for detail.
- Willing and capable of integrating into a dynamic, highly successful, international and owner-operated company as well as capable of actively supporting the company in achieving growth and professionalization goals.
- Creative problem solver with a clear view for an economically feasible solution.
- Convincing, team-oriented leadership personality with a positive charisma, intercultural competences, who inspires others and embraces people development.
This is a full-time position in New Jersey. OVG offers an attractive employee benefits package that more than meets market conditions. Therefore flexibility, a desire to constantly learn and a desire to take on new challenges are an absolute must in order to succeed with us.
Would you like to know more or apply directly?
Do you have any questions about the position or are you already sure about your choice and want to get started as our Executive Development Director? Please send your CV and motivation to Sharla Bhawanidin (HR Manager) via email@example.com.